The never-ending effort to reduce vehicle weight brings a widening spectrum of materials as candidates for vehicle bodies and structures, as well as interior components and trim. Invariably, these dissimilar materials must be joined. The science that enables this task is advancing as rapidly as the materials themselves. This 60-minute Webinar from the editors of Automotive Engineering discusses the latest techniques in materials joining.
- Linear motion solutions in joining applications
- Features of planetary roller screws and their technical advantages compared to traditional ball screws
- Dispensing, riveting, forming: Technical guidelines for screw selection vs. force requirements
- Why choose PSAs and what are their advantages
- How tape is laminated and converted to make parts
- Selecting the right tape: substrates, environment, constructions
An audience Q&A follows the technical presentation.