Precision optics are used in a wide variety of industrial, scientific, medical, and military applications, and their performance is often improved or enhanced by the application of thin film coatings. But how do you know what types of optics will work best for your application (e.g., spheric vs. aspheric, etc.) and which coatings will deliver the optimum performance?
This 60-minute Webinar from the editors of Tech Briefs examines what you need to know to answer those questions.
- How diffractive optical elements (DOEs) shape light
- Common optical functions of DOEs
- System design considerations when using DOEs
- Common applications of DOEs in high power optical systems
- Key IR thermal imaging trends and application drivers
- Advanced IR optical assemblies for UAVs, drones, and surveillance applications
- Unique folded-optic design technology for continuous zoom lenses
- The importance of high reflectivity mirrors for laser applications
- The nuances of measuring high reflectivity laser coatings
- How to verify the performance of high reflectivity mirrors and predict real-world performance
An audience Q&A follows the technical presentation.